LIG Dialup Connection Setup Info for Windows Vista
Setting up your LIG Dialup account can be performed best by using the Internet Connection Wizard. This utility is standard on any Windows Vista based computer.
1. Click on Start
, slide up to and click on Control Panel
2. Click the Switch to Classic View
link in the upper left if your current view is categorized.
3. Locate and double-click the Internet Options
4. Select the Connections
tab, and click the Setup
5. When the Internet Connection Wizard
appears, click the Dial-up
icon to continue.
is not a listed option, then your computer does not have a modem properly installed.
6. Enter the dialup phone number, and the user ID and password you selected when you signed up. For most users, you can check the Remember Password
option. For the Connection Name, enter Cayuga Internet
. A complete list of access numbers is located on our main support page.
When finished, click Connect
7. Windows Vista will now attempt to test your connection. You can skip this process by clicking Skip
8. You may close the Internet Connection Wizard by clicking Close
9. Your internet connection should now be listed in the Connections page. Click the Apply
, and then OK
10. To connect to the internet in the future, or to manage your internet connection settings, click on Start
, and then Connect To
11. Highlite your connection and click Connect