Microsoft Outlook XP Email Client Setup Info
All mail accounts hosted by LIG Computer can be accessed thru a standard POP3 email client such as Microsoft Outlook. The following explains how to setup a new account using Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook
2. Click on the Tools
menu, and then click on E-mail Accounts...
3. Select Add a new e-mail account.
Then click Next
4. Select POP3
for the type of server. Then click Next
5. Enter the following information for each field accordingly:
- Your Name: - Your name as you want it to appear to others
- E-mail Address: - The e-mail address assigned to you when you setup your account
- Incoming mail server (POP3): - mail.ligcomputer.com, mail.zlink.net, or mail.cnyemail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): - mail.ligcomputer.com mail.zlink.net, or mail.cnyemail.com
For all webhosting accounts, the value for the Incoming and Outgoing mail server fields should be mail.yourdomain.com
- User Name: - The account name you chose when you setup your account
- Password: - The password you chose when you setup your account
6. The next screen should indicate you've successfully completed setting up your new e-mail account. Click Finish
to complete the wizard.